How much yoga experience do you need in order to take the training?
You do not need experience teaching yoga to join our program. In fact, there is no special yoga requirement to apply to the program. We do encourage you to take a few classes at the studio before training, but no specific amount of time or skill necessary to join our training. We have yogis of ALL levels in each training and we all bring a unique and useful perspective to the training!
What is the daily schedule of the module weekends?
For all of the modules, the weekends are “intensive”, meaning that the days will be packed full in order to give students the ultimate training experience! We ask participants to be prepared to devote their entire days to the trainings. While schedules vary somewhat from day to day/weekend to weekend, a typical day of the intensive program looks:
8:30am-8:30pm Friday & Saturday
What is the cost of training?
We have two options of payment for the Modular Training:
- Full Price Tuition – $3795
Pay in full by program start date
- Payment Plan Tuition – $3995
* A $500 non-refundable deposit is required with the submission of application.
* Remaining balance of $3,495 will be divided into 6 payments of $582.50.
* Each payment is made on the Thursday preceding each weekend module.
Is there any prerequisite work or required reading?
There are two books required for TT – Light on Yoga, B.K.S. Iyengar and The Untethered Soul, Michael Singer
What is included in my tuition?
When you are enrolled in the 200hr Teacher Training you do receive the following benefits:
• 50 class pass included in the TT cost to be used at any location. Expires within 18months of purchase.
• Enrolled 200hr students may purchase any class pass at a 10% discount while still enrolled in the program.
During each module:
- 20% off GM branded wear
- 10% off all Props
- 10% off all books and journals
What is the difference between the Modular Training and the 17 day Training?
The format of our Teacher Training has changed (and improved!) in new and exciting ways. Although the content is the same, we now offer our Teacher Training in one of two ways to meet the growing needs of students schedules.
- 2-Week Intensive Trainings:
* These trainings are “intensive”, meaning that the days will be packed full in order to give you the ultimate training experience! We ask participants to be prepared to devote their entire days to the trainings. While schedules vary somewhat from day to day, a typical day of the intensive program looks:
* Friday – Sunday (spanning 17 days with two Mondays off)
- Modular Teacher Trainings:
* The advantage of the greenmonkey® Modular Teacher Training System is flexibility to complete the 200-hour training at your own pace and the opportunity to learn with multiple world-class teachers.
The program includes 6 individual weekend modules. These modules can be taken in any order and are offered several times throughout the year, giving participants plenty of opportunity to create a schedule that works for their particular path! Participants can complete their certification as quickly as 3 months or within 18 months – we empower students to choose what best suits their lives and their needs.
While schedules vary somewhat from day to day/weekend to weekend, a typical day of the intensive program looks:
8:30am-8:30pm Friday & Saturday